Юридический форум

Консультации по телефону:

Бесплатные консультации юристов

• Вы не зашли.

#1 16.01.2020 07:39:08

liny195
Эксперт

/www.thepackersfanshop.com

Bobby Dillon Green Bay Packers T-Shirts , the Green Bay Packers‘ career leader in interceptions who lost his left eye following two childhood accidents, died Aug. 22 in Temple, Texas.He was 89.The New York Times reported that Dillon’s daughter, Karen Gooch, said the cause was complications of dementia.Dillon played safety for Green Bay from 1952 to 1959, setting the franchise record for interceptions with 52, including four against the Lions on Thanksgiving Day in 1953.Dillon returned five interceptions for touchdowns and led the league in interception return yards in 1956 with 244.Dillon led the Packers in interceptions in seven of his eight seasons, including three years with nine: 1953, ’55 and ’57. Irv Comp set Green Bay’s single-season record for interceptions with 10 in 1943.A native of Pendleton, Texas, Dillon moved with his family to Temple where he lived his entire life. After becoming an All-America defensive back and team captain at the University of Texas, Dillon was selected by the Packers in the third round of the 1952 draft.Dillon was an AP All-Pro selection four times and was selected for the Pro Bowl four times https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/hats , all while playing with a glass eye.Dillon said he first injured his left eye when he was 5 or 6 years old, The New York Times reported.“My dad was doing something and I got a piece of metal in my eye,” he said. “The doctor removed it and it caused a little cataract to grow. They removed that.”When he was 9, he said, “another little boy my age accidentally hit me in the face with a board and broke my glasses and cut the white part of the eye. The eye started deteriorating, and by the time I was 10 years old, it would not dilate and it was hurting my sight. So when I was 10, they decided to take it out.”He was named to the Packers’ 50th anniversary team in 1969, their all-modern era team in 1976 and their all-century team in 1999.Dillon retired in 1959 after playing just one season for Vince Lombardi. At the time, his 52 interceptions ranked second on the NFL’s all-time list behind Emlen Tunnell.“He and Willie Wood were the two best safeties we ever had here,” said Dave Hanner, a Pro Bowl defensive tackle who played alongside both Dillon and Wood Green Bay Packers Hoodie , on the Packers’ website . “When Lombardi came here, he talked about Bobby being the best defensive back in the league at that time.”Dillon was inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame in 1974 but missed out on selection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.After leaving football, Dillon joined Wilsonart, a Texas-based furnishings manufacturer. He spent 36 years with the firm, eventually becoming president and chief executive. GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Packers wideout Davante Adams is optimistic that he will be able to play in Green Bay’s season finale against the Detroit Lions, a game in which he would have a shot to break a couple of franchise receiving records.Adams missed practice on Wednesday. The star receiver hurt his right knee in last week’s 44-38 overtime win over the New York Jets.“I see myself being out there. I’m always going to be optimistic. A little sore right now, but we’ll play it throughout the week and see how it feels,” Adams said in the locker room.The Packers (6-8-1) were eliminated from playoff contention two weeks ago. They placed another key starter, Kenny Clark, on injured reserve on Wednesday after the defensive lineman missed the past two games with an elbow injury.With 111 catches, Adams is two shy of breaking the club record set by Sterling Sharpe in 1993. He’s also 134 yards shy of breaking the single-season mark set by Jordy Nelson (1 Vince Biegel Color Rush Jersey ,519) in 2014.“Yeah, that would be sweet. We’ll see exactly how it goes,” Adams said about the possibility of setting the records. “Obviously, I’ve got my sights set on trying to win a football game, and if we can accomplish that in the meantime, it would be great.”Green Bay’s lengthy injury report lists nine players who sat out practice on Wednesday, including Adams and five other starters. Cornerback Jaire Alexander (groin), left tackle David Bakhtiari (hip) and linebacker Clay Matthews (back) were among those who sat out.Receiver Randall Cobb (concussion), who missed last week’s game, also sat out practice. Tight end Jimmy Graham (knee/thumb) has regularly missed practices on Wednesdays during the year for maintenance.Quarterback Aaron Rodgers, a regular on the injury report this year, said that he plans on playing in the finale even if Bakhtiari can’t go. Bakhtiari Dexter Williams Jersey , the Packers’ best lineman, has often said that he plays if Rodgers plays.Rodgers, who led the Packers’ stirring comeback against the Jets, participated fully in practice with lingering knee and groin injuries.“Well, I plan on playing. So . if anybody has to adjust this week, it’s got to be” Bakhtiari” Rodgers said.Interim head coach Joe Philbin said the intent is for players to go if cleared.“If they’re not ready to go … and it’s not in their best interest to play in the game, then they absolutely won’t play in the game,” Philbin said. “However, if they’re healthy and they’re able to contribute to the success of the team, again — they’re football players and that’s what they should be doing.”NOTES: Starting left guard Lane Taylor and right tackle Bryan Bulaga were limited with knee injuries. Starting safety Kentrell Brice was limited with an ankle injury. … Rookie reserve offensive lineman Alex Light was activated from exempt status after being suspended by the league last week for the Jets game for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

Неактивен

Сегодня 18:56:09

Юрист
Всегда готов!

Рекламка

Не нашли ответа?
Задайте вопрос юристу с нашего сайта!
Бесплатная консультация. Быстро и анонимно.

Неактивен

Рекламный блок
размещение оплачено

Рекламка

Неактивен

Юрист
Всегда готов!

Рекламка

Не нашли ответа? Задайте вопрос юристу с нашего сайта!
Бесплатная консультация. Быстро и анонимно.

Неактивен

Рекламный блок
Размещение оплачено

Рекламка

Консультации по телефону:
Москва и область: 8 (499) 638-44-96 доб. 113
Санкт-Петербург и область: 8 (812) 309-52-81 доб. 393

Неактивен

Board footer